Friday, August 08, 2008

Hotlink, Share-a-top-up

Hotlink, Share-a-top-up


The following are the steps to share-a-top-up.

Step 1

eg for RM15.00 key in : Share 012XXXXXXX 15

The transfer amount is without decimal.

Step 2
Send the message to 22121. Then wait for the following SMS confirmation:







Step 3
Please ensure you are transferring to the right party and the correct amount. If everything is correct, please reply “YES” to 22121.

Step 4
Upon successful transfer, you and your friend will receive an SMS notification from Hotlink.

There is a charge of 50sen for every successful transfer. SMS request sent to 22121 is free of charge.


My sister ask for the top-up while I was in the office working. That's the dreaded part as I do not share-a-top-up that often. I would need to find the PIN number that I wrote which now could be somewhere. Then I need to remember the steps needed to share-a-top-up, which was easily solved as I could have an online access to hotlink website.

Lucky for me as Hotlink has do away for the need to key in the PIN number. I just need to reply YES to confirm. The confirmation also did not take long.

I was happy. So at night I went to share-a-top up with my other sister. This time also it went smoothly, but I did not receive the confirmation that Hotlink has completed the process. The excitement gone.

Later I discovered that my sis phone was not ON and I was able to top-up-her account.

A small relieved.... I thought Maxis has eaten my money.


Share - a- top up Validity period
3 days for RM5 - RM9 and
7 days for RM10 and above.

No comments: